Friday, April 15, 2011

Smashing Pumpkins - Gish & Siamese Dream Sessions

Now, speaking of bands that produce amazing B-sides... I've been a fan (yes a fan!) of this band since 1991's Gish album and up until they got gothic on me, and the first two albums are still really close to my heart. But they also left out so many incredible songs on those albums, it's almost scary. As I bought every fart Billy & Co released, I've build a very nice SP collection over the years, including almost everything they've released on vinyl. Some years ago I compiled two albums for my own listening pleasure: one disc with all the non-album tracks that didn't appear on Gish, but were recorded during the recording of Gish, or just before or after, and one with the same receipt, but from the Siamese Dream era.




















I consider both discs as full bodied Smashing Pumpkins albums. In here, there're pure Pumpkins master pieces, like Starla, Drown, Plume, Hello Kitty Kat, Obscured and Glynis, and great covers of songs by Depeche Mode, Fleetwood Mac, Thin Lizzy and The Animals. Some songs were released on the compilation album Pisces Iscariot, others were B-sides or songs from other compilations. For customers insight, I'll add the source of the song on the track list. Download, add or burn and enjoy!
1. Slunk (Rhinoceros EP)
2. La Dolly Vita (Sub Pop Tristessa 7")
3. Blue (Rhinoceros EP)
4. Drown (Singles Soundtrack)
5. Bye June (Rhinoceros EP)
6. Not Worth Asking (pre-Gish 7")
7. Honey Spider (pre-Gish 7")
8. Girl Named Sandoz (The Animals, Siva CD single, Peel Session)
9. Terrapin (I Am One 10")
10. Smiley (Siva single, Peel Session)
11. Starla (I Am One CD single)
12. Plume (I Am One CD single)
13. Bullet Train To Osaka (I Am One 10")
14. Obscured (Today CD single)
15. Why Am I So Tired (Vieuphoria soundtrack)
1. Spaced (Pisces Iscariot)
2. Frail And Bedazzled (Pisces Iscariot)
3. Never Let Me Down Again (Depeche Mode, Rocket 7")
4. Pulsezcar (Vieuphoria soundtrack)
5. Pissant (Cherub Rock CD single)
6. Apathy's Last Kiss (Today 7")
7. Landslide (Fleetwood Mac, Disarm CD single)
8. Blew Away (Disarm CD single)
9. Sinfony (Vieuphoria soundtrack)
10. Hello Kitty Kat (Today CD single)
11. Whir (Pisces Iscariot)
12. Glynis (No Alternative compilation)
13. Siamese Dream (Disarm 7")
14. Dancing In The Moonlight (Thin Lizzy, Disarm CD single)
15. Purr Snickety (Cherub Rock 7")
16. Bugg Superstar (Vieuphoria soundtrack)
17. Flight Of Candor (Starchildren 7")
18. Soothe (Disarm CD single)
19. French Movie Theme (Cherub Rock CD single)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home