Sunday, April 03, 2011

Matthew's Celebrity Pixies Tribute

I stumbled on Matthew's website somewhere around 2006. Being a massive Pixies adapt myself, I was struck by the musical capacities of this guy, as he took songs by cult heroes The Pixies, and covered them the way famous other artists would. Like Jimi Hendrix take on Surfer Rosa's "Vamos" (including Black Francis' "You Fucking Die"-spoof, and Simpsons-solo) and The Beach Boys extremely funny interpretation of Levitate me (if you've ever heard the Pet Sounds Sessions, the intro of the song is hilarious). I downloaded the songs again today from Matthew's website, but sadly enough the bit rate is pretty crappy (56-192). I think this was better back in 2006, but anyhow, the songs remain very good and funny. For those of you that don't know The Pixies that well, I enclosed the original versions of the songs covered by Matthew. Have fun!

1. Hey! (Prince)
2. Wave Of Mutilation (Bee Gees)
3. Vamos (Jimi Hendrix)
4. No. 13 Baby (Elvis Presley)
5. River Euphrates (Tina Turner)
6. Monkey Gone To Heaven (Frank Sinatra)
7. Levitate Me (Beach Boys)
8. Mr. Grieves (Bob Marley)
+ all originals by The Pixies

Visit Matthew's website: http://pottymouth.org/mcpt/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home