Saturday, January 22, 2011

Public Enemy - It Takes A Nations Of Millions To Hold Us Back Bonus Tracks


Before grunge happened I was listening to rap music: N.W.A., Eazy E, DeLaSoul, Son of Bazerk, The D.O.C., Ice-T, EPMD, that kinda stuff. Only one record doesn't stop to amaze me, even now, more than 20 years after it's release. This was the real thing and I sort of compare it with The Velvet Underground, the same urgency and rawness. Their use of samples, the detail in production, the funkiness, and the fantastic rhymes by Chuck D make this to a blueprint of the Hip Hop culture. 
For my birthday I got the Night Of The Living Baseheads single as a gift from my uncle and aunt. It featured mostly remixes, but I liked it a lot and played it all the time. Last year I got the idea to collect all the B-sides from the It Takes A Nation era and that's what I'm posting now:

1. Bring The Noise (No Noise Version)
2. Night Of The Living Baseheads (mix)
3. Prophets Of Rage (Power Version)
4. Caught Can We Get A Witness (Pre Black Steel Ballistic Felony Dub)
5. Bring Tha Noize (With Anthrax)
6. The Edge Of Panic
7. Night Of The Living Baseheads (Anti-Blood Pressure Encounter Mix)
8. Black Steel In The Hour Of Chaos (Instrumental)
9. Bring The Noise (No Noise Instrumental)
10. Party For Your Right To Fight (Blak Wax Metromixx)
11. B-Side Wins Again
12. The Rhythm, The Rebel (Acapella)
13. Night Of The Living Baseheads (mixx)
14. Louder Than A Bomb (JMJ Telephone Tap Groove)

1 Comments:

Blogger RokyManson said...

Some of these 12" single versions are extremely difficult to find in digital format. Powermove!

March 10, 2012 at 9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home